June 1, 2020: COVID-19 Update: Current EO mandates a stay-at-home /
remain in place until June 10, 2020. Additional directives from VDH are as follows:
- Remaining "safe at home" for vulnerable congregants
- No social gatherings of more than 10 people
- Continued social distancing (6 feet apart)
- Continued use of electronic or virtual communications, to include incorporating on-line or mail-in donations, video streaming of faith leaders and congregants from home, weekly meetings held using video or telephonic conferencing, and strict adherence to appropriate social distancing or those faith communities who are serving as sites for care of the public during the pandemic.
- Face coverings required when in public
Of the total number of COVID-19 cases in VA, 25.5% are African American!
Individuals ages 40-49 constitute the majority of cases or 18.3% of all cases!
The Virginia Department of Social Services (DSS) launched a new COVID-19 app to allow Virginians to better navigate available resources for food support, childcare, child support, health insurance, and bill support/assistance. Visit DSS to download that app to your iOS or Apple devices.